Clean and cozy beach house in a great location that is convenient yet quiet with easy parking. New renovation/construction 2004, with annual improvements since then!
- 5BR/2.5 BA in Summer (sleeps 2-10)
- Also available as 3BR, 1 1/2 BA 1st floor in Sept, Oct, Nov; April, May and early June (sleeps 2-6)
- Very well maintained.
- Less than 300 yards to beach.
- 3 blocks to boardwalk.
- 4-6 blocks to historic district/shopping (1045 Maryland Ave. near Philadelphia Ave - convenient to beach, boardwalk and shopping, yet quiet street with ample parking.)
1st floor retains the charm of the original cottage with a cozy living room and 3BRs on first floor (bedding on 1st floor is 1 queen, 1 queen, 2 singles) plus new bathroom with tub/shower, new poder room, kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, sink. Kitchen table plus stools at the bar. New 1st floor covered (and now screened-in) front porch, plus 2 rear decks leads to large open back yard with shade tree, enclosed outside hot/cold shower, and charcoal grill for cookouts.
All new and expanded bathroom on 1st floor, plus a new/added Powder room and all new wood laminate flooring on 1st floor!
Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms facing rear yard (1 with Queen bed has it's own Bathroom and rear 2nd floor deck access, corner bedroom has a full bed with single loft above (only for one kids 5-12, under 150 lbs. with parent permission) Note: There is a locked off room on front 2nd floor not part of rental area.
Please read the other sections as most of your questions regarding pricing, house details, maximum amount of guests, minimum stays, etc will be answered on the web site. Then contact the owner directly by email to book or ask questions. (see contact us tab)
See more pictures on the other tab sections.
For availablity and rates, go to "Rates"s tab at left.
This an aerial shot of Cape May. The yellow push pins show where the house is realtive to the beach - You pass by 5 houses and a hotel on walk to beach. ( 2 houses on each block going toward the beach) Historic/shopping district is the push pin to the upper left. Boardwalk shops/Convention Hall is push pin at bottom left. Boardwalk starts at push pin at bottom right.
Clean and well-maintained
The family room leads to front screened-in porch and hall to bedrooms. Kitchen leads out to rear deck and yard.
You are renting from the owner, not a realtor or big business. This is our shore house and it has been in my family since I was a little kid staying there with my Grandparents.
We do a lot of work each year to keep it very well maintained, which is somewhat unusual for beach rentals and even hotels at the shore.
The house has a "shore cottage" feel. It was a one-floor cottage until 2004 when we renovated it and added the 2nd floor. We intentionally kept the 1st floor true to the original cottage feel, except we updated it. And there are 2 rooms upstairs, facing the back yard. Therefore it is cozy, not massive.
I like to make sure people get what they expect when renting so here's a few thoughts:
- If you value great location on a relatively quiet residential street, a short walk to the beach, close to town and boardwalk, easy street parking, big yard, screened porch + 2 decks out back, very well-maintained home with modest size rooms, this rental is for you. "Think of it as an very well maintained Honda Accord"...nice, good value, dependable, upper-middle level. There's enough beds and rooms for the stated amount of people allowed - in bedrooms - not on the floor or on cots like some places.
- If you value tons of floor space for sleeping people on the floor and a place for a big party weekend, this probably isn't the best place for you. If you want a classic worn, older rental that you don't have to take care of, this isn't for you. If you want a huge McMansion with a "Great Room and nothing but stainless steel Bosch appliances, granite tops, and daily maid service, I reccomend The Southern Mansion B&B or a $10k rental.
The usual people that rent this home in the summer are 1-2 families, 8 or 9 people; often it is a family and Grandparents/In-Laws.
Hope that helps! :)
I know it isn't easy comparing houses to rent...they're all so different and hard to tell how nice they are inside...I know because I check out other places to make sure our rates are fair.
Nice yard. Ample free parking.
Nice rear yard forkids to play or adults to relax. Rear deck now has new deck furniture and umbrella. Front porch is now screened.